Posted Under: Accounting and Taxation Posted On 16/04/2020
Dear Business Owners,
Here are the jobkeeper guidelines, Who are Employers, Further details regarding the JobKeeper Payment have been released, and we wanted to bring your attention to some key deadlines and points. We’ve tried to simplify it for you because there are so many steps!
Please pass this onto Business Owners you know to get them started.
What are the steps of jobkeeper guideline?:
In summary though, first you need to REGISTER YOUR INTEREST and subscribe for updates (see step 1 – many of you have already done this). Secondly, ENROL (from 20th April onwards), and then thirdly, you will need to APPLY for the Jobkeeper payment (from 4th May onwards). The steps are detailed below.
When you read all the steps below, keep in mind that you only need to do steps 1 – 5 NOW in the first part so you can have everything ready to ENROL from the 20th of April onwards.
ENROL FOR THE JOBKEEPER PAYMENT (from 20th April onwards)
You or a registered tax professional can enroll for the JobKeeper payment:
- REGISTER YOUR INTEREST and subscribe for JobKeeper payment updates. Many of you have already done this, but if you haven’t, register NOW, Click here
- Check you and your employees meet the eligibility requirements. Use this address to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Continue to pay at least $1,500 to each eligible employee per JobKeeper fortnight (the first JobKeeper fortnight is the period from 30 March to 12 April). If you haven’t paid them this yet, you need to make sure you have paid them before the end of April.
- Notify your eligible employees that you are intending to claim the JobKeeper payment on their behalf and check they aren’t claiming JobKeeper payment through another employer or have nominated through another business.
- Send the JobKeeper employee nomination notice to your nominated employees to complete and return to you by the end of April if you plan to claim JobKeeper payment for April. Keep it on file and provide a copy to your registered tax agent if you are using one. This is the form address. https://www.ato.gov.au/…/JobKeeper-payment—employee-nomi…/
- From 20 April 2020, you can enroll for the JobKeeper payment using the Business Portal and authenticate with myGovID. You must do this by the end of April to claim JobKeeper payments for April. If you have trouble with this, contact us.
- In the online form, provide your bank details and indicate if you are claiming an entitlement based on business participation.
- Specify the estimated number of employees who will be eligible for the first JobKeeper fortnight (30 March – 12 April) and the second JobKeeper fortnight (13 April – 26 April).
APPLY – Confirmation of eligible employees you will claim JobKeeper Payment for (available from 4th May 2020 onwards)
You or a registered tax agent can apply for the JobKeeper payment for your eligible employees:
- Apply to claim the JobKeeper payment by logging in to the ATO Business Portal Here.
- Ensure you have paid each eligible employee a minimum of $1,500 per JobKeeper fortnight before tax.
- Identify your eligible employees in the application form by –
(a) selecting employee details that are prefilled from your STP pay reports if you report payroll information through an STP enabled payroll solution, or
(b) manually entering employee details in ATO online services or the Business Portal if you do not use an STP enabled payroll solution, or
(c) using a registered tax agent who will submit a report on your behalf through Online services for agents.
- Submit the confirmation of your eligible employees online and wait for your confirmation email or SMS showing it has been received.
More Guidlines from Jobkeeper
- Notify your eligible employees you have nominated them.
- We will pay you the JobKeeper payment for all eligible employees after receiving your application.
- Each month, you will need to reconfirm that your reported eligible employees have not changed through ATO online services, the Business Portal or via your registered tax agent. This will ensure you will continue to receive the JobKeeper payments from us.
You do not need to retest your reported fall in turnover, but you will need to provide some information as to your current and projected turnover. This will be done in your monthly JobKeeper Declaration report.
- If your eligible employees change or leave your employment, you will need to notify us through your monthly JobKeeper Declaration report.
If you use the ATO Business Portal, you will need a myGovID linked to your ABN in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). You can find out how to set this up at Click here.
Now, if you are a sole trader with no employees, Jobkeeper guidelines have not been advised yet. But we are expecting they will soon, and we will update you on Facebook as soon as they do. Like our Facebook page if you haven’t already to make sure you get our simplified update.
Scott, Kim and the Team at A Counting House